Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Oh, Ricoh

After having a roll of film literally stuck in my camera a couple of years ago (which, mind you, I had carefully kept since childhood)  I happily moved on to digital, my Canon 500D SLR kept me busy as I lugged it around Europe last summer.  I then purchased a travel friendly (handbag sized) Canon G11 which I have been nothing but pleased with.  My latest purchase - a beautiful vintage Ricoh, which I randomly found in a second hand shop for a mere $8 (he looks a little like this).  As he was made in Japan I thought there would be no better place to use him than his homeland.  You can see some of my japan on film snaps here.
Now my point is, I haven't turned back since, sure the Canon's come out on the odd occasion for their instant convenience, but there is nothing better than the joy of picking up a roll of film after impatiently waiting for 3 hours of development.  The excitement is unbearable, it's like Christmas every time!


Below you will find some good old-fashioned snaps on film from our neighboring city Sydney, where I went to visit my babe Hirschy last week. 





17 comments:

FASHION CHALET said...

You're always on trend. Love the heart sunglasses and your gorgeous hair!


xx

Gabrielle said...

great pictures! LOVE.

Nicole Holm said...

these are beautiful photos!

Kelsey said...

Love every little thing about your blog.

Rebecca said...

i know exactly what you mean! these photos are beautiful, i love your japan ones too!

aghr I've got 3 films waiting to be finished/developed, patients is a virtue....

Zoe said...

brilliant pictures, your blog is great

X Zoe X
http://intrepidinspirations.blogspot.com

fuschiaaa said...

Gorgeous, I have an old Ricoh that my Aunty gave me but it's broken. This post has totally motivated me to try and get it fixed! Gorgeous!

fuschiaaa said...

Haha I guess I was so overwhelmed by these photographs I said gorgeous twice.

nicki said...

Your photos are fab and I love your style! xo

Mara said...

The photos are insanely beautiful!

http://theeyesofmara.blogspot.com/
with love,
mara.

Hanna said...

ohh miss sydney. those sunnies are lustworthy

TiVa said...

so beautiful pictures.
lovely blog!

lg http://thetivafever.blogspot.com/

Eline said...

Love the hart sunglasses!

Frk. Steenberg said...

Cool shades, the red heart ones :D

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your friends tattoo!! Does it have a meaning or did she just do it because she liked it?

Natascha said...

It does have meaning, it's a very personal tattoo :-) xx

Isabel said...

Where is your friends bug shirt from? It's so cool. And loooove your pictures!

Post a Comment