I have been getting crafty a lot lately and this little wetsuit skirt was so easy I thought I would share it with you! All you really need is scissors, a sewing machine and some pins and your good to go! It was super quick and because the neoprene fabric is stretchy and wont fray, you don't need to do much sewing! As I'm not sure how good my explanation skills are, I drew some little post-it note diagrams, if you take on this project and have and questions just leave a comment & I'll do my best to explain!
DIY WETSUIT SKIRT.
1. find a wetsuit at your local second hand store, this one was $11.99
2. cut in half (around the waistline) keep the bottom half.
3. measure from your waist to the desired skirt length (on your side) this will become your outside hemline.
4. lay the bottom half of the wetsuit flat & cut each leg straight across the same length as your hemline measurement.
5. turn inside out, and use a seam ripper / quick unpick / scissors to undo the inside hem.
6. keeping the skirt inside out, sew the front seam straight down the center.
7. turn the skirt around and fold the crotch piece over and pin in place, eliminating a little fabric so that it doesn’t flare and so that the center seam is straight.
8. sew the back seam following the line of the crotch (the original seam line)
9. over-lock the hemline (if you don't have an over-locker, just do a zigzag stitch!